Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Ask for correction

From: "Olivier Biot" <ethereal@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 12:24:28 +0200
From: Christophe Stoeckel

| An other question about 'commit code modification on ranap and bssap
| dissector':
| How can I know if my modification are accepted ?

Normally a core developer will review the patch and either accept or
reject it. If it is accepted, usually the core developer will check it
in and reply to the mail containing the patch/fix with "Checked in"
and possibly with some comments. Any change to the Ethereal source
code repository can be monitored by subscribing to the ethereal-cvs
mailing list, which can be done via the Ethereal web site (follow the
link "lists").

| And if they are accepted, in which revision they will appear ?

The patch gets a revision number in Subversion (it used to be CVS but
we migrated to SVN some weeks ago). That revision number is always one
more than the previous. What you probably want to know is in which
version of Ethereal your checked-in fix will be available. That's very
simple to answer: the very first official version after the revision.
For instance, if your patch made it today, that'd be in version 0.10.6
as the last official version was 0.10.5. Note that 0.10.6 will
probably be released within one week from now. You can also subscribe
to ethereal-announce for getting informed.

Best regards,

Olivier