Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Back to performance...

From: Ian Schorr <ethereal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 13:55:03 -0400
So how do we move forward with this?  So far no one seems to disagree.

Should we allow tap authors more time to respond? Does someone need to do a more thorough review code to determine if no taps do, in fact, depend on the current display filter? Should we make a design decision that tap listeners should not depend on the current display filter, or a seperate function should be created (or perhaps my "retap" flag should be replaced with something that is a bit more intelligent, and allows only specific taps to be rebuilt if needed)?

Ian