Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] m-notification-ind inside of PAP http POST

From: "Olivier Biot" <ethereal@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 10:33:21 +0200
From: Ryan

| I was very happy to see that ethereal has a protocol dissector for
MMS
| encapsulation, basically WAP 209 encoded mms messages. However, i
was
| dissapointed when I captured a tcpdump of an HTTP POST containing an
MMS
| m-notification-ind, and found that ethereal was unable to dissect
the
| MMS encapsulation of the notification. I'm curious as to why
ethereal
| doesn't see the MMS encapsulation. Here is the format of a PAP
| m-notification-ind over HTTP

Umm... which version of Ethereal do you use? Dissection for multipart
and for encapsulated media types (the PAP push-message XML document
and the MMS packet) are dissected for some time already.

| What do I need to do so ethereal dissects this protocol? I assume I
dont
| need to write an entirely new dissector for the MMS encapsulated
body
| part since one already exists, but how do I hook it in so that it
finds
| it in the body part of the HTTP post?

Maybe you did not enable reassembly in HTTP (or TCP), or the HTTP
Content-Length header is missing, or the multipart is incorrectly
encapsulated.

If you can disclose a sample capture, I will inspect it and provide
you feed-back on the possible issues.

Best regards,

Olivier