Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Adding items/units in two formats ...

From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 10:23:20 +0200
I think that is a good idea.

Best regards
Michael

On Jul 30, 2004, at 8:46 AM, Tomas Kukosa wrote:

Gilbert Ramirez wrote:
On Tue, 2002-03-12 at 18:56, Richard Sharpe wrote:
I want to add an item to a tree like the following:

   DataSegmentLength: 0x00000670 (Decimal equivalent)

At the moment, I have to add a text item and format the string myself. It would be really nice if the FT structures could do this for us :-)

Since it might be hard to modify the actual formatted text stuff, perhaps it would be simple to allow additional text on a special call like:
proto_tree_add_append_uint(..., "(formatting string)", ...)

Or, am I simply getting too lazy?

Is your filed an FT_UINT* ? What would be nice would be to add
some bases, like BASE_HEX_DEC, or BASE_DEC_HEX, to have it
formatted in both bases.

Was there any decision concerning that topic?
I have got the same requirement from my users to display some fields in such a dual format.
If it is acceptable I could implement BASE_HEX_DEC and BASE_DEC_HEX.

  Regards,
    Tomas