Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Re: [Ethereal-cvs] commit 11545: /trunk/gtk/

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 23:45:59 -0700
On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 12:12:42PM -0700, Eric Wedel wrote:
> As Ulf pointed out, the windows common printer dialog offers
> more than just location:  document output selection (page ranges)
> and printer selection.  For features such as duplexing, it includes
> a "properties" button which brings up a printer driver-specific
> dialog to allow configuration of whatever options that printer /
> driver provide (duplexing, paper size / orientation, etc.).
>
> Not even clear how to find the driver-specific configuration
> dialog API,

Well, a good start would be to look for "DeviceCapabilities()" in the
print spooler reference section of the print spooler stuff for which
I sent the URL.

> and is there really a good reason to move away
> from the reasonably high-content common print dialog?

To get rid of the extra two-step UI?

An alternative would be, as Ulf noted, to get rid of the GTK+-based
print dialog instead (given that we can now generate text or PostScript
output to a file using the Export menu items).