Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Desegment/Reassemble: What's the real difference?

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 21:14:29 +0200
Hi List!

While including the review comments into the "User's Guide", I've asking
myself, what's the real difference between desegment and reassemble?

This confuses me, and others not that involved in Ethereal even more.

Is there a good reason to distinguish between both, or would it be a
good idea to find one word for this mechanism and use it anywhere (or at
least in the GUI related parts, like the name of the preference setting
as displayed in the preferences dialog).

Regards, ULFL