Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] CRC wish list

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 11:54:21 -0400
Attached are patches to the crc16 and crc32 files.
The new functions/changes I added are:

1) To be able to compute crc's using a different seed than the ccitt
   default seed of (-1).  This allows you to do things such as compute a crc

   spanning multiple buffers by feeding the partial crc back in and
   continuing the calculation on the next buffer.

2) To allow a crc calculation to be done on only part of the tvb, by
   allowing an offset to be specified.

3) Documented the headers for usage, format shamelessly stolen from proto.h.

As this is my first patch submission, I hope this is the correct format.
- Chris