Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] New field types proposal

From: Tomas Kukosa <tomas.kukosa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 16:11:21 +0200
I think about following new field types:
1) FT_UUID - Universally Unique IDentifier
    fixed length 16 bytes
    display format XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX
2) FT_OID - ASN.1 OBJECT IDENTIFIER
    variable length
    dotted numeric display format (could be alternated with display option)
3) FT_PSTRING - conditional printable string
    variable length
    display format like FT_STRING if all charactes are printable, like FT_BYTES if not

What dou you think about it?

Unfortunately I have not implemented any field type and I do not know how much work it would be. Hints are welcome.

  Regards,
    Tomas