Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] write my own decoder

From: "Ulf Lamping" <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 18:36:35 +0200
Ethereal development <ethereal-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb am 28.07.04 17:31:43:

> I need to decode a propriarity protocol in ethereal. The protocol is based
> on UDP, so I have to "chain" a decoder after the UDP decoder. Can I describe
> it in this way?
>
> I am using Windows and have MS VC++ available. How can I write my own decode
> plugin? What is the minimum of libraries that I have to install?

You will need MS VC version 6, as later versions have reported problems, see the files mentioned below.

> I've already searched the ethereal web site for decoder but did not found
> any answer. So please excuse, if this sounds like a HOWTO question.

Please have a look at the files doc/readme.developer and doc/readme.win32 in the sources, this should answer most of your questions.

Aufnehmen, abschicken, nah sein - So einfach ist
WEB.DE Video-Mail: http://freemail.web.de/?mc=021200