Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Re: [Ethereal-cvs] commit 11547: /trunk/gtk/

From: "Ulf Lamping" <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 10:31:30 +0200
Ethereal development <ethereal-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb am 28.07.04 09:41:32:

> On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 07:33:36AM +0200, Ulf Lamping wrote:
> > Do you really insist in this change?
>
> I don't *insist* on it - but if there are bits of the GNOME HIG that
> we'll follow and bits of the GNOME HIG that we won't follow, those
> should probably be noted explicitly, rather than merely complained about
> when somebody changes the code to follow the GNOME HIG

Sorry for any inconvenience.

I agree, putting a note on this into the menu.c file would have been a good idea.
If you don't disagree, I will move the item back to it's former place, and place an explanatory  comment,

Well, at the time implementing the menu changes, my own knowledge of GUI things were a lot more limitted than today :-)

(and that also
> implies that nobody can use GNOME HIG as the final word to settle UI
> disputes).

Hmmmm, as we are using very different platforms, I would think that the Gnome HIG *cannot* be the final word to settle all UI disputes, although it *is* a good guideline.

And I fear there won't be a final word on these GUI topics at all :-(

Do we want to drop a note to the Gnome HIG people, that this point seems to be unintuitive, as noted by many persons?

Me personally, I think they did a great job writing this HIG, but everything can be improved...

WEB.DE Video-Mail - Sagen Sie mehr mit bewegten Bildern
Informationen unter: http://freemail.web.de/?mc=021199