Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Re: [Ethereal-cvs] commit 11545: /trunk/gtk/

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 07:28:40 +0200
guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

User: guy
Date: 2004/07/27 04:12 PM

Log:
Suggest the possibility of not using the Windows print dialog to print
on Windows.

Directory: /trunk/gtk/
 Changes    Path
 +12 -0     print_mswin.c modified

The print dialog on windows not only shows the printers name.

It will show information about the printer (like the place where it is), which is very useful when having multiple printers available. It also provides advanced print options (like using a duplex printing if the printer supports that).

These are valuable informations/options when printing, which will be hard or even impossible to implement in GTK.

It might be an option to reimplement the packet range and other print options into the win32 native dialog.

Regards, ULFL