Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Two further issues in 0.10.5

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 21:18:40 +0200
Stuart MacDonald wrote:

From: ethereal-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx On Behalf Of Ulf Lamping
Ian Schorr wrote:

I disagree, I'd very much like to see the "standard"
behavior back.
The way it works now, windows are created in "unpredictable", unintuitive, and usually obscured places. It definitely doesn't reduce the amount of "mouse travelling" I do, particularly since nearly always forces me to reposition my windows to bring them back on-screen, move them to the screen I want (if I'm using
dual-screens),
move them to a "standard" position, etc.

Well, in the meantime, I have doubts myself that the "where the mouse is" behvaiour is really the best.

I think we should put it back to the behaviour we have before.

I will do this in the evening, if I have some time.

After a couple of weeks of the new behaviour, I agree. I usually use
the keyboard, but now often have to also use the mouse to bring the
windows back onto the screen or reposition them. The times I am using
the mouse exclusively, it doesn't reduce the amount of travel in a
significant way.

I've checked in changes, so it should be working as before. The placement of windows is done by gtk/os only and not influenced be Ethereal, which I think that was the behaviour before.

Please report any problems.

Regards, ULFL