Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] PATCH - Conversations/Hostlist performance improvements

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 20:34:57 +0200
Ian Schorr wrote:

Submitted these a while back but they were overlooked. Updated against latest SVN since last changed moved things around quite a bit:

Further performance improvements of conversations list and hostlist (which get extremely costly if large numbers of hosts/conversations seen. This patch reduces the performance hit quite a bit.

Some comments:

a) the hostlist diff made some problems while patching, but the conversation patch worked pretty good, you might have a look at your diff file generation.

b) you removed the redraw of things from both xxx_resolve_toggle_dest functions, but this isn't a good idea. It is intentional that the checkbutton switches between address resolution on/off with immediate response

c) you've duplicated code in the draw_xxx_table_address() function
I really dislike duplicated code as this is a maintenance nightmare. Please avoid duplication of code

I've checked in your patches with corrections described above

Regards, ULFL