Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Saving the contents of the TCP follow dialog without formatti

From: Alan Jenkins <sourcejedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 10:06:19 +0000
> I tried the patch.
>
> When I started testing, I realized that if I click on any of the radio
> buttons, it will not return from changing the content.
>
> The follow_charset_toggle_cb() function seems to be running endlessly.
>
> I didn't do any further debugging, could you please double check your
> patch?

I'm afraid I can't reproduce or explain this.  I expect it gets stuck in
follow_read_stream ().

The conversion can take a while - obviouslly it depends on the length of the
stream and the type of conversion.  The only effect on this my patch should
have had is to increase the conversion time for ASCII (it will now do the
non-printable-characters conversion twice).  If the conversion doesn't finish
in the time it used to, then there is definitely a problem.

I am suprised that such a problem exists, since the only code which I added
relates to postsript printing - the rest is just a rehash of what was already
there.

Alan