Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] AOL Messenger Protocol

From: Ashutosh Naik <a7ash@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 23:48:46 -0700 (PDT)
Hi guys,

I am just trying to reverse engineer the AIM protocol.
I am using AIM Instant MEssenger Version 5.5.2599.l

Whats going wrong is that whenever I change a part of
the packet( The payload IP address in this case)..
(This appears way after the FNAC ID, FNAC flags and
the screen name)... I get an immediate disconnection
from the Aol server..

I suspect that there is an internal checksum that is
getting calculated. And I also suspect that this in in
the last 2 bytes.. Has anybody faced with a similar
problem? Or has any pointers to go ahead on this ?

Regards
Ashutosh