Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Why is gdk_display_get_default() used in hostlist/conversation ta

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 18:44:49 +0200
Hi!

Is there a reason gdk_display_get_default() is used? Ronnie noted, that this function is only available from GTK2.2

On my machine:

disp = gdk_display_get_default();
cb = gtk_clipboard_get_for_display (disp,GDK_SELECTION_CLIPBOARD);

(available only in GTK2.2) works the same way as:

cb = gtk_clipboard_get(GDK_SELECTION_CLIPBOARD);

and the later will also work on GTK2.0

So is there a reason to use gdk_display_get_default()? Otherwise we could use the gtk_clipboard_get() function which is working on all GTK2.x versions.

BTW: Do you have any additional infos on this clipboard thing?

Regards, ULFL