Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] moving from plugin to buildin

From: Lars Roland <lars.roland@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 23:08:22 +0200

Erwin Rol wrote:
Hey all,

I would like to make the plugins that i maintain (acn, artnet, enttec,
rdm and  later rtnet) into buildin dissectors. The reason is that i
would like to add some things based on the TAP interface and as i
understood it thats not really doable in a plugin. Also i don't see any
main advantage anymore in having plugins instead of buildins.
The mgcp dissector plugin uses the tap interface.
But the code for the mgcp taps is linked statically into (t)ethereal even with libethereal.dll.
Is there anything special you want to do?

Regards,
Lars