Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Saving the contents of the TCP follow dialog without formatting

From: Alan Jenkins <sourcejedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>(by way of Alan Jenkins <sourcejedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>)
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 22:54:51 +0000
As far as I can tell, there is no way at the moment to save the raw contents
of a TCP stream.  If you save it as ASCII, linebreaks get added, which
corrupts binary data.  I would like to have an option to save the TCP stream
with no formatting whatsoever.

This should be easy to do, but the devil is in the UI.  My suggestion would
 be a second "Save As" button, with a caption like "Save Raw".  The tooltips
 should be able to provide enough information to prevent confusion.  I like
 the idea of a multifunctional button, with formated save the default action,
 and raw save a secondary action available with a

I have plenty of time at the moment, so I could have a go at this myself, but
I don't know the first thing about GTK - sorry.  IMO this is a small enough
and useful enough feature request to warrant attention - but if nobody's
interested I'll have a go.

Alan