Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] updated "Ethereal User's Guide" (beware: huge download ahead)

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 19:09:55 +0200
Hi  List!

I've just checked in the sources of the redesigned and updated "Ethereal User's Guide" that I've wrote/extended in the last weeks.

Beware: This will be about 2MB to download.

As the current User's Guide wasn't updated for about 2 years, it's really out of date.

I've spend much effort to update and extend the existing guide.

However, some chapters still have to be extended (because of lack of time/knowledge by me):

-the unix specific parts (e.g. installation on unix systems)
-preferences pages (lack of time)
-various other places marked with XXX (lack of knowledge)

... and of course (as my native language isn't english), lot's of grammatic mistakes and such things.

Please send any comments about that book to the developer list, as the doc mailing list is just dead.

If you can't generate the book on your system (as described in the readme.txt file), I could put a prereleased version on my personal webpage and provide a link.

I'm looking forward to your comments :-)

Regards, ULFL