Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Re: [Ethereal-cvs] r11396 - trunk/gtk: trunk/gtk/Makefile.com

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 20:59:00 +0200
Guy Harris wrote:

On Sat, Jul 17, 2004 at 06:18:57PM -0700, Guy Harris wrote:
...but Ethereal pays no attention to IPv6 addresses even if they *are*
returned by "pcap_findalldevs()" (as Ulf mentioned).

Now it does.

Unfortunately, that means it no longer necessarily makes sense to choose
the first IP address in the address list for the "Interfaces..." dialog
- perhaps it should choose the first IPv4 and first IPv6 addresses.

Ah, thank you!

Well, I was thinking of a details (check?) button for that dialog, showing only limitted information (e.g. only the first IPv4 address) like today when not checked (default), and all available details else, like any address available.

As I've noticed that my SuSE box supports IPv6, I will have a look how it should be displayed (as IPv6 addresses are sometimes a bit lengthy).

BTW: are there other huge changes planned in the near future? As my SuSE box is not working with a synchronized copy of the windows sources (as somethings seemed to change in the file format), I have to update two SVN copies (one on my Win32 machine and one for the SuSE box) which nearly takes ages over a telephone line.

Regards, ULFL