Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] packet-*.[ch] file movement imminent

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 10:16:05 -0500
Joerg Mayer wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 17, 2004 at 08:22:45PM -0700, Guy Harris wrote:
>
>>Hopefully that doesn't involve sending the contents of those files back
>>to the server (or, if it does, that you're not on some asymmetric
>>connection).  When I set the "svn:eol-style" property to "native" on all
>>the text files (so that checkouts on Windows give you CRLF line endings,
>>and checkINs on Windows don't cause UN*X checkouts to give you CRLF line
>>endings), it appeared to stall out - I'm not sure whether it uploaded
>>every single file over my 256Kb ADSL upload channel or not.  I think it
>>succeeded in setting all the properties, though.
>

> If all other fails: Couldn't those changes be done directly on svn.ethereal.com?

The delay could be due to the "post-commit" scripts that are run after
each commit.  One of them creates an incremental dump that's pushed to
the anonsvn server.  A test dump of Guy's svn:eol-style checkin took a
little over a minute to run, which is a long time to wait at the command
line.  It's been changed to run in the background.