Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Checkin of User's Guide sources?

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 16:47:12 +0200
Hi List!

As the subversion movement seems to be complete (although it rumbles still a bit ;-), I'm thinking of checking in the sources of the user's guide (which is ready for a review) and developer's guide (which is without content).

The will include:
text in XML: around 400kB
graphics: 1600kB (around 75 screenshots in png format)

Almost all of this is forming the (around 200 pages) user's guide, the developer's guide is almost empty.

Still thinking where to put this in.

My last suggest was to put it in the existing help dir, but I have doubts now.

What I plan to do:
As the current online help is crude, I want to replace this help content with the content of the user's guide. As there are some things to solve before that, I want to keep the help dir in it's current state without changes.

As I will need references between the user's guide and the online help mechanism, I want to put the user's guide somewhere in the main ethereal repository.

What about to put all the user's guide stuff in a completely new dir, probably named "docbook"?

BTW: what do I have to keep in mind when checking in the png files (binary mode or such)?

Regards, ULFL