Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] packet-*.[ch] file movement imminent

From: Ulf Lamping <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 11:17:14 +0200
Joerg Mayer wrote:

On Sat, Jul 17, 2004 at 10:06:24PM -0500, Gilbert Ramirez wrote:
Now that subversion is in place for SCM, I've prepared a patch which moves the packet-*.[ch] files from the top-level directory to a directory named "epan/dissectors". I've changed the Makefile.nmake's, but I have no resource to test on Win32.
Could you strip the leading packet- from the filenames while you are at it?

ciao
  Joerg

Is this really a good idea?

We have a lot of files with the actual dissectors (prefix packet-) and some other helper files at the same level without it.
If you remove the prefixes, you cannot distinguish between real
dissectors and helper files.
But I don't know if this difference is essential, both approaches would
be ok for me.
Regards, ULFL