Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Patch to prevent rtp/rtcp to register conversationwhen disabl

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 02:16:29 -0700
On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 01:17:00PM +0200, Ruud Linders wrote:
> Note that my patch to disable RTP/RTCP creating conversations
> when disabled should still go in IMHO.
> (When the resp. protocols are disabled, they shouldn't claim frames
> in a conversation, preventing other dissectors to decode).

Is the problem that the conversation is created and has a dissector
assigned to it, or that "try_conversation_dissector()" returns TRUE,
rather than FALSE, if "call_dissector()" fails?  The RTCP dissector
won't claim the frame if it's disabled; the problem is that
"try_conversation_dissector()" won't check whether it was disabled (if
it is, "call_dissector()" won't call the dissector, and will return 0),
so its *caller* won't try anything else (so the packet will be dissected
as raw data, not as RTCP).