Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Moved sources from win32 to linux and failed to compile

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 18:22:57 +0200
Hi List!

Sorry, if this is slightly out of topic, as my linux knowledge is somewhat limited (or I've forgotten things over the years passed by ...).

Tested the released source tarball 0.10.5 from www.ethereal.com, I was able to compile/install it without major problems.

As I've implemented some new features to the capturing on win32, I wanted to test this on my "new" SuSE9.1 box.

I put all the win32 sources into a zip file moved it to the SuSE box (using an USB stick) and unpacked it (both tried with Konqueror and unzip). Tried it both under root and user privileges.

But failed to do the ./autogen.sh step, because I got "permission denied" from the bash (or some child process of it?).

Then I tried to do this using su, but got the same result. Then I tried logged in as root and got the same result.

As I'm stuck here, anyone got a clue what I could do now?

Regards, ULFL