Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Some detailed capture implementation questions

From: "Ulf Lamping" <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 13:20:50 +0200
Hi List!

When looking at the capture sources, I have some questions:

Why is WSAStartup needed to be called in capture.c. This is just duplication of things already done in main.c / tethereal.c. AFAIK, WSAStartup is only needed to be done once for an application.
Is there a reason, why the WSAStartup/WSACleanup calls in capture.c shouldn't be removed?

What is the link layer type doing? Will it "only" change the way data is saved, or will it somehow change (filter) the way things are captured (like a display filter)?

WEB.DE Video-Mail - Sagen Sie mehr mit bewegten Bildern
Informationen unter: http://freemail.web.de/?mc=021199