Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Conversation/Endpoint list performance patch

From: Ian Schorr <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 20:48:50 -0400
I've checked in your changes.
Right as you checked this in I'd just built new patches that I believe
are more efficient.  I'm just getting around to sending them in =)
It bothered me that the address fields were being written to with 2
additional gtk_clist_set_text calls *per entry* in the list during each
draw update (every 3 seconds), and that there were a huge number of
updates being drawn that didn't need to be (I think it only makes sense
to update periodically, at the tap draw refresh every 3 seconds).
Hopefully these new patches solve all of these things.  They're diffed
against the current version of the files in CVS.
However, when I'm using statistics for longer capture files, Ethereal crashes reproducible on my Win32 machine.
Before the patches, after the patches, or both?

Ian