Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Link failed on SuSE9.1, "cannot find -lcrypto"

From: Noah Misch <noah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 13:01:08 -0700
On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 05:52:35PM +0200, Ulf Lamping wrote:

> I've tried to compile released Ethereal 0.10.5 on SuSE 9.1, but failed
> when linking.

> -lpthread /opt/gnome/lib/libglib-2.0.so -lkrb5 -lasn1 -lcrypto -lroken
> -lcrypt -lresolv -lz
> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-suse-linux/3.3.3/../../../../i586-suse-linux/bin/ld:
> cannot find -lcrypto

This is a problem with the configure logic dealing with kerberos.  I think I
know how to fix it, but could you post the config.log from the failed build?
(compression is fine with me) If you no longer have it, do you recall how you
invoked configure?

While on the subject of making the build process as painless as possible, I
don't suppose you might apply the patches I have submitted to that end or tell
me why they are inappropriate:

http://www.ethereal.com/lists/ethereal-dev/200406/msg00100.html
http://www.ethereal.com/lists/ethereal-dev/200406/msg00138.html