Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] More Window selection silliness with 0.10.5?

From: Ian Schorr <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 15:00:26 -0400
Hi all,

In the latest of the window selection silliness, some behavior seems to have reverted in the distributed Win32 0.10.5.
When generating statistics windows (SRT, conversation list, etc), the
main ethereal window is brought to the foreground (I'm assuming because
the progress dialog is created and is somehow "tied" to the main
window).  The new statistics window is left hidden behind and must be
selected by the user manually.
This seemed like a problem in earlier versions (with some workarounds
that didn't seem to work very well), but seemed to work great with
0.10.4.
Is this a Win32 GTK 2.4 thing?  It definitely doesn't happen with
GTK1.3.  I haven't built recent codes with GTK 2.2.
This has also happened to me for a VERY long time with GTK 1.2.10,
2.2.4, 2.0.x with OS X, where it's especially annoying (buried X11
windows are a bit more of a pain to find).
Thanks,
Ian