Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] New GTK 2.4 File->Open dialog in 0.10.5 doesn't remember dire

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 20:39:52 +0200
Ian Schorr wrote:

I notice that the new File->Open dialog used with GTK+2.4 doesn't do any remembering of previously browsed directories - either between multiple uses of the dialog in the same instance of ethereal, or upon initial use of the dialog.

gui.fileopen_remembered_dir seems to be getting updated, though, but I assume it's just being ignored by the new dialog.

Is this intentional for some reason? I'm not sure what the purposes of the Add and Remove buttons are in the new dialog, they appear to be perpetually disabled for me. I'm assuming they're there to allow a use to add "shortcut" directories, though that doesn't really take the place of "remembering" the previous dir.

I'm assuming this is a bug? I've only used GTK+2.4 on Windows (and I haven't parsed through the new code) so I'm not sure if this is a Win32-only thing.

You're assuming right.

When trimming the filename for the GTK2.4 FileChooser dialog I've made a mistake. This dialog is very pedantic about it's parameters. This bug will affect all open file dialogs.

I've checked in a fix in current CVS.

Regards, ULFL