Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] ethereal 0.10.5 with gtk1 on RedHat 9.0

From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 16:31:16 +0200
Sorry, I meant:
Is it intentionally that the 'About Ethereal' dialog has
no 'Authors' field, only 'Ethereal', 'Folders' and 'Plugins?
Best regards
Michael

On Jul 11, 2004, at 4:24 PM, Ulf Lamping wrote:

Michael Tuexen wrote:

I've compiled ethereal 0.10.5 on RedHat 9.0 with gtk+ 1.2.10.

Is it intentionally that the 'About Ethereal' dialog has
on Authors?

Sorry, what?

Is it intentionally that the 'Help Menu' does not have items
for 'Manual Pages' and 'Ethereal online'?

Yes, that's a temporary solution, as we currently don't have code to start a webbrowser on GTK1, as the current webbrowser calling code uses GTK2 specific calls.

Ethereal is fully functional except when I want to save the
capture to a file and click on the 'Save' button of the
Ethereal Save Window it crashes with the error message
Gdk-ERROR **: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)

I've checked the same on my Win32 build and didn't get any problems. Does anyone else on RedHat using GTK1 has the same problems?

I'm sshing into the RedHat box, but that should not be the
problem.

Probably not.