Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Subversion migration?

From: Andrew Hood <ajhood@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 22:15:34 +1000
Ulf Lamping wrote:
Gerald Combs wrote:

I would like to migrate Ethereal's CVS repository to Subversion in the
near future.  Subversion has several advantages over CVS, including
folder versioning and file renames/moves.

For people currently using anonymous CVS this means that you will have
to find a Subversion client and use

   http://anonsvn.ethereal.com/ethereal/trunk

instead of the current anonymous CVS repository.  A list of Subversion
clients can be found at http://subversion.tigris.org/project_links.html.
  (A client is available for Cygwin as well.)  You can use the URL
above to test if you'd like; it's a several-week-old copy of the CVS
repository.

Unless anyone has any objectioins, I'd like to migrate to Subversion
some time next week, around Wednesday or Thursday.

I tried to set up my subversion client (tortoise), but currently

http://anonsvn.ethereal.com/ethereal/trunk

doesn't seem to return any data, even when try to view it with a webbrowser.

Had a look (using Ethereal :-), the URL don't return any data, not for tortoise and not for the webbrowser either. The server just immediately closes the connection again without returning any data.

And here's what I get:

: svn co http://anonsvn.ethereal.com/ethereal/trunk
subversion/libsvn_ra_dav/util.c:661: (apr_err=175002)
svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/ethereal/trunk'
subversion/libsvn_ra_dav/util.c:285: (apr_err=175002)
svn: PROPFIND of '/ethereal/trunk': 503 Service Unavailable (http://anonsvn.ethereal.com)

                -- Dr. Who