Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Interfaces listing problem

From: bof <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 12:57:20 +0100
I've previously had Ethereal running happily on a Sony Vaio laptop under
Windows ME, but after updating the OS to Win 2k no Interfaces appear in
the dropdown list.

I can access the interfaces successfully by manually entering:

"Realtek RTL8139(A)-based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter: \Device\NPF_{088DD64B-E4EB-488A-BED2-DBFEC3F7F8CF}"

The method works for both:
Realtek RTL8139(A)-based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter
and for:
NETGEAR WG511 54Mbps Wireless PC Card

both these cards could be seen in the interfaces listing before changing to Win2k the detailed version of Win 2k is 5.00.2195 SP4
Cheers, bof.