Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Bug in the filtering system ?

From: "Sid Sid" <ysidelnikov@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 13:57:47 +0000
Hi,

I've found strange behavior of the ethereal when I tryed to analyse captured file(see attached file). This is FTAM connect accept pdu so there are several pdus TPKT/COTP/SES/PRES/ACSE/FTAM. If I don't use filtering(the filter window is empty) the ethereal show me 'PRES'(it's wrong) in protocol column but I can see FTAM details in the 'packet details' window.

If I use as filter any of protocol names(TCP,TPKT,COTP,SES ... FTAM) ethereal begins to show me correct protocol name(FTAM, in our case).

Can anybody explain me what is wrong ?

Thank you.
Yuriy Sidelnikov.