Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Persistent Ethereal crashes: line 431 (fvalue_set): assertion

From: Graeme Hewson <ghewson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 03:04:33 +0100
Bob Cromwell  wrote:

When I run Ethereal, it always crashes at the point when it's going to
display the first packet with this error:
** ERROR **: file ftypes.c: line 431 (fvalue_set): assertion failed: (fv->ftype->set_value)
aborting...

This should be fixed in Ethereal 0.10.5.

As a workaround in 0.10.4 you could try editing your .ethereal/recent (without Ethereal running) and removing the lines beginning "recent.display_filter:".

Graeme