Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Autogen.sh failure - autom4te

From: Noah Misch <noah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 04:00:55 -0700
On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 11:06:00AM +0200, Sushil Selvaraj (LN/EAB) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having problems running the autogen.sh script. Autom4te finds the macro AC_PROG_LIBTOOL in libtool.m4 but m4 still compains that it cant find the file (see screen dump below). If you have any hints (or solutions) please help me. I would be most grateful. Thanks!

> autom4te: the trace request object is:
> autom4te: $VAR1 = bless( [
> autom4te:                  3,
> autom4te:                  '0',
> autom4te:                  [
> autom4te:                    '/usr/local/share/autoconf'
> autom4te:                  ],
> autom4te:                  [
> autom4te:                    '/usr/local/share/autoconf/autoconf/autoconf.m4f',
> autom4te:                    '/bin/libtool.m4',

That should be /usr/local/share/aclocal/libtool.m4 or a file name with that
relation to your libtool installation prefix.  This looks like either an
Automake bug or an installation problem.

Have you used your autotools installation to successfully bootstrap other
packages that use Libtool?

What does ``perl -v'' print?  How about ``aclocal --print-ac-dir''?