Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] USE_THREADS on Win32

From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 23:32:03 +0200
Dear all,
just a simple question: how are threads used by ethereal
(on UNIX)? So what is the consequence in using --enable-threads?

Best regards
Michael

On Jul 5, 2004, at 10:50 PM, Ulf Lamping wrote:

Ulf Lamping wrote:

Gisle Vanem wrote:

"Ulf Lamping" <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx> wrote:

main.c:
The definition USE_THREADS won't be set anywhere, so your changes won't take any effect ?!?
Has this to be added to the config.h.win32 file?

Yes, or to config.nmake.

How is it done for UNIX builds? I would imagine, that it's done using the config.h created by configure? In that case, we might want to do it the same way (defining USE_THREADS in config.h.win32). As the detection of the GTK
version is done in the code (main.c) this should do in all cases.

Well, I've tried defining USE_THREADS in config.h.win32.

This required to add gthread to the libs, so added to the config.nmake the gthread like:

GLIB_LIBS=$(GLIB_DIR)\lib\glib-$(GLIB_VERSION).lib \
   $(GLIB_DIR)\lib\gmodule-$(GLIB_VERSION).lib \
   $(GLIB_DIR)\lib\gobject-$(GLIB_VERSION).lib \
   $(GLIB_DIR)\lib\gthread-$(GLIB_VERSION).lib

After that, starting Ethereal required g_convert_init from libglib-2.0-0.dll, which isn't defined anywhere.

So, I didn't succeeded to use threads with GTK2.4 and MSVC this time :-(