Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] support for 802.11 enhancements

From: "Guy Harris" <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 14:21:02 -0700 (PDT)
Abramson, Aharon said:
> I would like to know what 802.11 enhancements (i.e. e/h/i etc.) are
> supported

People have contributed code to support at least some parts of 802.11i (I
don't know which particular parts are or aren't supported); I don't know
of any other enhancements of that sort that are supported, but there might
be some.

> or planned to be supported?

There are few, if any, plans to do anything in Ethereal.  We have few, if
any, formal plans to add support for anything - by and large, stuff gets
supported as people contribute code to support it:

    http://www.ethereal.com/faq#q1.3

There might be individual contributors who have plans to add support for
particular 802.11 enhancements; if so, they might reply and indicate what
they're working on.