Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] reproducible crash in Ethereal (latest CVS)

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 17:03:00 +0200
Yaniv Kaul wrote:

Win32, latest CVS, GTK2.
Open Ethereal, go to Edit->Preferences, press Apply, you'll get the error: file main.c: line 2678: should not be reached aborting...

In gtk/main.c (also in gtk2.tmp/main.c) the offending line is part of the function GtkWidget *main_widget_layout(gint layout_content) :

  default:
      g_assert_not_reached();
      return NULL;

I found 3 calls, to main_widget_layout(), gtk/ directory.
My layout appears to be:
Pane 1: packet list
Pane 2: packet list
Pane 3: packet details

the first leftmost layout is selected.

How do you select both pane 1 & 2 to show the packet list? This configuration will not work!

The GUI should avoid this configuration.

If you have edited the preferences file by hand that way, it will not work.

We might need a hint in the preferences file about this.

As there were some changes in the preferences struct, you might simply need a "clean" or "distclean"!!!

Regards, ULFL