Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] IAX2 enhancements (was Re: Patch to packet-iax2 - add support for

From: Richard van der Hoff <richardv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 03:26:48 +0100
Hi,

Ronnie Sahlberg wrote:
I updated you email address in AUTHORS
but it seems the patch (and more) have already been checked in so i ignored
the patch.

we've actually been doing a fair bit of work on the IAX2 dissector here; our changes include Giles' modifications and Jim Cloos' earlier work, which is what I think you're referring to, Ronnie.

Attached is a patch against the current CVS HEAD. Much of packet-iax2.c has actually been rewritten in all of this: the changes include:

- understands video packets
- tracks calls and is able to pair up both sides of a conversation
- uses the call-tracking to follow which codec is used for each packet, and pass the payload to a subdissector (eg, the H.263 dissector)
- corrects a couple of potential array-overruns
- the dissection has generally been tidied up and made easier to understand (hopefully!)

The patch was a bit huge so I've gzipped it; hope that meets with approval.

Cheers,

--
Richard van der Hoff <richardv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Systems Analyst