Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Why my pdml outputed is not like that PDMLSpecification

From: "Martin Regner" <martin.regner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 06:34:55 +0200
Li Haijiang wrote:
>   I use the command of "tethereal -T pdml -r infile > output.pdml".I find the
> struct of the output is like this:
> ----------------------
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <psml version="0" creator="ethereal/0.10.4">
> <structure>
> <section>No.</section>
> <section>Time</section>
> <section>Source</section>

> ---------------------
> That is not like the pdml specification ----http://analyzer.polito.it/30alpha/docs/dissectors/PDMLSpec.htm
> My output pdml file is the summary of the packet and not describe the detail of
> the packet.So I can't get the data info in the packet and can get only the length
> of the data in the packet.Is it right?If I want to get the data in packet how can
> I to do ??

This is PSML output, not PDML output.

I don't know why you get PSML instead of PDML.
It might be a bug, but I cannot reproduce it (and I don't
see anything obviously wrong in the source code either).

What Ethereal/Tethereal version are you using (have you built it yourself from CVS)?

I'm using Ethereal 0.10.4 on my PC and I can only
choose between pdml, ps and text for the -T option, and
I get PDML if I specify "-T pdml".

Ethereal 0.10.4 can generate PDML with "File/Export as XML - PDML (packet details) file ..."
and PSML with "File/Export as XML -PSML (packet summary) file ...".