Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] H.225 problem, and running under gdb

From: "Martin Mathieson" <martin.mathieson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 12:16:54 +0100
> I sometimes use the following:
> CFLAGS="-O -march=i686"
./configure --with-extra-gcc-checks --config-cache --enable-randpkt
> In case you want to disable any optimization, you should replace -O by -O0
>
>  Ciao
>   Joerg

I tried   CFLAGS="-O0  -march=i686  -g" ./configure
but found that it couldn't find the source for functions in libtethereal(?).
I'm not sure what other options would have helped but I ended up just
editing CFLAGS in Makefile and epan/Makefile as others have suggested.  It
would be good to say something about the use of gdb in README.developer (and
possibly the website development page?).  I used my nobbled ethereal launch
script to get to the gdb prompt - do others do this, or perhaps just launch
ethereal normally then attach to the process before opening making it fail?

Anyway, I attach my patch to packet-h225.c that works with the capture I
previously.  It looks plausible to me but I'm not that familiar with the
protocol yet.  My patch also adds marks some generated fields as such.

Regards,
Martin