Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Plugins

From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 14:44:37 +0200
Dear all,

I'm reading the README.plugins and have three questions:

1. Does it not make sense to wrap the #includes from section 1 in a
   #ifndef ENABLE_STATIC?

2. Assuming that I'm right on one than I can use such a packet-xxx.c
   file as a normal dissector by just defining ENABLE_STATIC in
   that file. This allows to have one file from which you can build
   both.

3. Regarding section 4.6 I think we only need to
   - add the .la file to plugin_libs
   - add the .o file to plugin_ldadd (if ENABLE_STATIC is true)
   - add the .la file to plugin_ldadd (if ENABLE_STATIC is false)

If I'm correct on the above things I'll update README.plugins.

Best regards
Michael