Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] can_desegment always zero

From: Shaun Jackman <sjackman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 12:02:10 -0700
I'm writing a dissector on top of TCP that requires desegmenting.
Desegmenting is enabled (tcp.desegment_tcp_streams: TRUE), but
whenever my dissector is called pinfo->can_desegment is always zero.
So, I believe my desegment_offset and desegment_len information is
being ignored by TCP. Do I need to enable desegmenting anywhere else?

This protocol doesn't have a header, and the packets are started by
one control byte and finished by another (0xC0 and 0xC1
incidentally).

Please cc me in your reply. Many thanks,
Shaun

$ ethereal -v
ethereal 0.10.4
Compiled with GTK+ 2.0.2, with GLib 2.0.1, with libpcap 0.6, with libz
1.1.4, with libpcre 3.4, without UCD-SNMP or Net-SNMP, with ADNS.
Running with libpcap (version unknown) on Linux 2.6.3-1-k7.