Ethereal-dev: Re: Re: [Ethereal-dev] H235 & ASN1 compiler]

From: "Ronnie Sahlberg" <ronnie_sahlberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 17:52:11 +1000
Hi Tomas,

I made some progress and now can dissect CMS and X509 semi-reasonably.
I made some changes to the compiler, please look them over in the CVS log so
they are correct.

Currently I do have two problems I want resolved so I dont have to massage
the generated .c files,
can you have a look at them?

1,  the imported types get class/tag  == -1.   I have to manually massage
the .c files and replace -1 with the proper tag/class to get it working.
No major problem,    but can/should  say dissect_ber_sequence|set|...   be
changed so that if   BER_FLAGS_NOOWNTAG is set and
if class==tag==-1   then just ignore checking their values? And just pass
them on to the subdissector helper, no questions asked?
Or do you have a better solution planned?

2, I think I need support for the type ANY in the compiler.  This will
require changes/additions to packet-ber.c as well I think.
It might be easiest to implement it as something that is identical to
dissect_ber_octet_string   but that it doesnt check the class/tag at all
and just looks at the len.   then it, just as the real octet_string one,
creates a subset tvb and passes it on through teh callback, if specified.
To print the ANY fields,   just use a FT_BYTES, BASE_NONE hf field and treat
it as an octet string.

apart from that,   i managed to generate semicomplete  CMS,
InformationFramework and X509AF   and tied them into the partial pkinit
dissection in packet-kerberos.c and it works semi-well.