Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] GTK subsystem major code cleanup

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 10:39:21 +0200
Hi List!

After completing the first stage of the GTK doxygen documentation, I think the time has come to do some code cleanup in the gtk dir.

Some ideas to start with main and utils:

Cut window related things from ui_util.c/.h and move it to new files win_utils.c/.h. The window creation stuff is a whole group of functions which might better be placed in a new file.

Cut font related things from main.c/.h and move it to new files font_utils.c/.h. Main.c has become huge, so splitting into functional parts might be a good idea. There will possibly be other parts of main need the same procedure, I could think of cutting the filter toolbar into it's own file, but that need some further investigation first.

Cut and rename button row related functions from dlg_utils.c/.h and move it to win_utils.c/.h. As the button rows are used for windows too, they shouldn't be located in the dialog file. That would better reflect the hierarchical structure, as the dialogs are depending on the windows (but not the other way round).

As it's ugly to remove files from CVS again, I wanted to ask first :-)

Any comments?

Regards, ULFL