Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] H235 & ASN1 compiler

From: Tomas Kukosa <tomas.kukosa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 11:09:32 +0200
Hi Ronnie,
  the "The same type names for different ..." warning is recommendation for TYPE_RENAME
derective usage. See attached x509af.cnf file.

The "#Unhandled ..." message is internal compiler message which means that something is not supported and I have to implement it :-). But it is the better case of unsupported feature. Worse case is that it crashes with Python error :-(.

The "#Unhandled GetTTag() in SetOfType" was fixed with my patch which I sent few minutes ago.

If you would like to understand a little bit an internal structure of the compiler you can use "-d t" option and redirect standard output. It will contain internal tables of compiler. (see attached file x509af)

  Regards,
    Tomas

Ronnie Sahlberg wrote:

Hi Tomas,

I tried again to get X509AF working with the compiler but get errors i dont
understand.

I have attached the files I used.

I try to generate the dissector using :
../../tools/asn2eth.py -X -b -p x509af -s packet-x509af-template
AuthenticationFramework.asn

Which generates warnings and errors i dont understand.

1, ===
../../tools/asn2eth.py:815: UserWarning: The same type names for different
types. Explicit renaming is recommended.
T_subject
T_subject AttributeCertificateInfo/subject
T_subject1 AttributeCertificateAssertion/subject
I tried to fix this by adding :
#.FIELD_RENAME
AttributeCertificateInfo/subject info_subject
AttributeCertificateAssertion/subject assertion_subject

to x509af.cnf   but that did not help. What did i do wrong?

I also get a whole bunch of:
#Unhandled GetTTag() in SetOfType
SetOfType
name: CrossCertificates
val:
Type_Ref
name: None
val: Certificate
constr: None
constr: None

What do these ones mean and what should I do to resolve them?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tomas Kukosa"
Sent: Friday, May 28, 2004 7:23 PM
Subject: Re: [Ethereal-dev] H235 & ASN1 compiler