Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Ethereal IP logging support

From: vidyadhari dharmaraju <vidyadharid@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 03:48:24 +0100 (BST)
Hello,

I am doing a study on log file formats and I would like to know how Ethereal distinguishes between PPP log frames and IP log frames. Does PCAP header or file format provide any field or option with which Ethereal identifies an IP log frame to be parsed?

Please let me know if anyone has any kind of information for this

-vidya