Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] Ethereal 0.10.3 bug and update

From: "Stuart MacDonald" <stuartm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 15:46:44 -0400
From: ethereal-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> If you run Ethereal with a file name specified on the command
> line (with
> or without the "-r" option), aborting the read causes
> Ethereal to exit.

I start Ethereal with the Start Menu item, which uses no command line
parameters, so it's not that.

> If you open a file from the GUI, aborting the read causes Ethereal to
> close the file.

Hm, good point. I know for certain I've seen this when trying to parse
new captures but I don't know if it happens on saved captures. I'll
try that and report back.

> We could perhaps have Ethereal, in both cases, keep the
> frames that it's
> read in, although it should probably pop up a message box
> warning that you
> do *NOT* have the entire capture read in.

And the corrsponding menu item somewhere to continue the parsing would
be required I guess.

..Stu