Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Moving the uncompress_packet function inpacket-slsk.c

From: "Ronnie Sahlberg" <ronnie_sahlberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 17:26:44 +1000
Hi,

That sounds to me like a very worthwhile and valuable project for Ethereal.
I am certain there are other protocols as well where this functionality will
come in handy,
maybe IPSec used with a compression transform instead of a encryption
transform (IPComp).

I have not looked into the problemspace but maybe one can utilize functions
from libz which we already
link with in most cases (and where libz is not available the API would just
return NULL instead of a tvbuff*?)

I say, good idea and useful, try to make the API generic enough so that it
will be easy for those that come later to
just plug into it to enable this for whatever other protocols might do
compression.